Notepad++ may be a free text editor and ASCII text file editor to be used with Microsoft Windows. It supports many languages and tabbed redaction, that permits operating with multiple open files during a single window. origin Project name from operator increases C. However, there square measure few text files that users square measure unable to open victimization Notepad++. however, there square measure plugins for various reasonable formats of text and programming languages that you put in for your Notepad++. one among the numerous plugins is Hex Editor Plugin; used for viewing the text in Hex format.
What is the Hex Editor?
The name ‘Hex’ comes from hex that may be a numerical format for representing binary information. A Hex Editor may be a program that enables you to analyze, read and edit the hex coded files. generally, the user comes across a file that can’t be opened for a reason however you’ll be able to open the get in Hex Editor and most of the files can have data on prime of the file, describing what reasonably file it’s. this may be conjointly used for redaction the sport saved state file and dynamic the changeable feature within the game. Their square measure several Hex Editor packages out there however you’ll be able to use this in Notepad++ too by victimization the plugin for it.
Step 1: Adding Plugin Manager from Github
Plugin Manager may be a plugin itself through that you’ll be able to install, update and take away any offered plugins in Notepad++. however, once the Notepad++ version 7.5, the Plugin Manager plugin was off from the official distributors. the explanation for removing this plugin was thanks to sponsored advertising. Whenever you open this plugin you may see ads on the lowest of windows, thanks to that it absolutely was removed. The constitutional Plugin Manager continues to be ongoing and can be back somewhere within the future.
If you have already got a Plugin Manager in your Notepad++, then skip this methodology. even supposing it’s removed except for currently, you’ll be able to add/install the Plugin Manager manually. To do that, follow the steps below:
- First, you wish to travel to the current GitHub link: Plugin Manager
- You can opt for the 32bit or 64bit nothing file and transfer it
- Now Extract the nothing file victimization WinRAR and open the extracted folder
- There will be 2 folders in it, “plugins” and “updater”. each can have one get in every. you wish to repeat files from here to the Notepad++ folders of plugins and updater
- Locate the Notepad++ folder:
- Now copy files within the folders of the downloaded plugin and paste within the actual folders of Notepad++
- once repetition files, restart your Notepad++ and Plugin Manager are there currently.
Step 2: putting in the Hex Editor Plugin through Plugin Manager
In this methodology, we are going to be putting in the Hex Editor Plugin into Notepad++ by victimization the Plugin Manager. Plugin Manager is straightforward and sensible for putting in and removing any plugins for Notepad++. On default, the Hex editor isn’t offered on Notepad++ and you can not read text within the style of Hex however once putting in the Hex Editor Plugin, you may be ready to read and get in Hex with none downside. Below square measure the steps of the way to install the Hex Editor Plugin:
- Open Notepad++ by double-clicking on the road
- currently, on the menu bar click “Plugins”
- choose “Plugin Manager” and so “Show Plugin Manager”
- This will open a window with the list of plugins offered, hunt for “HEX-Editor”.
- Click on that and press the “Install” button, it’ll enkindle restart Notepad++ once putting in installing
- After restarting, currently open the get in Notepad++ that you would like to look at in HEX, like LineInst.exe that we have a tendency to employ in this methodology. you’ll be able to drag and drop on Notepad++
- When the file is opened, click on Plugins, then HEX-Editor and click on on “View in HEX”
- This will modification your encoded text into HEX